Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A new year! a new day! maybe a new me?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Hi, its been a while lots has been happening, I have moved into a new house, and with all the things that go with that, I'm hoping I can write each day on my different blogs, and that you will enjoy them and bring your friends! Well weight reduction (loss) is a big exclamation mark in my life, I have done it twice now, first time when I was 26 I went from over 200 pounds to 129, and held it for couple of years. Then again at 53 went from over 325 (sore back, no movement)I gained lots of weight then, I went from 325 to 125 and held it for about 6 months and then my girlfriend and I were in a accident with a transport truck, and then I found out about Cortisol the weight gain stress hormone, and I gained 7 pounds overnight. That was in 2008 and I was told my thyroid was not up to par, so they put me on some medication for it. I lost the weight, like I did when I was 26. That is the thing, I never had any signs or indication that my thyroid was not working right. Now in 2016 my physician put my medication up to 75mcg, and of course I lost weight, but....I did before too. There is a big checklist for signs about thyroid problems I do not have any of them, but my numbers say I have a problem. Of course with a not working thyroid, because it affects everything in your body your blood pressure goes up too, but in 2008 my B/P was 120/80 with 50mcg of thyroid medication. The medication was put up to 75mcg and my blood pressure went up too, huh? I was wondering what was going on perhaps it is white coat syndrome, since I am not to fond of doctors, I have always thought that my health should be my responsibility, so I have been thinking about it for a while now and I just don't like the fact that you have to take this medication for the rest of your life. Side note--- when I was young for a treat I would eat DULSE, a seaweed product...intuitively I knew. So I have been researching my thyroid medication and it turns out that it can in fact put up your Blood Pressure!!! what do you know my intuition is right on again. I think I am not going to take it any more and start with coconut oil, and iodine, and other things to bring my body back to homeostasis, Well what do you think? More later.... Janet Wood,

No comments:

Post a Comment